We hope your only “ROCKY ROAD” is chocolate this Well Being Wednesday.
Today’s Rocky Road Recipe will allow you to enjoy this delicious chocolate snack without the guilt.
- 135g Blackcurrant and Health Connection Chia seeds
- 85g Oven-Roasted Almonds
- 75g Ginger (finely chopped)
- 35g Health Connection Goji berries
- 45g Health Connectin Coconut Flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, toasted
- 1 tbsp raw Health Connection Cacao Nibs
- 500g Dark Chocolate (85% cocoa), chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of
- Grease the base and sides of a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan.
- Line with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- Combine blackcurrant and chia pieces, almonds, ginger, goji berries, 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes and 1⁄3 cup pistachios in a large bowl.
- Combine cacao nibs, extra goji and remaining coconut flakes and pistachios in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place chocolate, oil and salt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to almond mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cacao mixture.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Remove from the fridge and stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 24 pieces.
- Keep in a lined airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks